Minneapolis, MN is a culturally diverse, naturally beautiful with a progressive community that genuinely cares for one another. The mighty Mississippi River separates St. Paul and Minneapolis. Hennepin County is home to 3 creeks, 12 serene lakes, 3 enormous ponds, countless waterfalls, and other natural wetlands.
The Twin Cities region is a perfect mix of urban excitement and easy access to woodlands, forests, but the entire area is blessed with an abundance of biodiversity, freshwater sources, and a culturally rich community that welcomes people from all walks of life.
Our city has been shaped by water for more than 10,000 years when the last ice age left dwindling glaciers in the valleys evolving into Minneapolitan lakes. Lake Agassiz and a melting glacier pour torrents of water which meets the Mississippi River producing the only river’s waterfall, Saint Anthony Falls. Saint Anthony Falls was key to the European settlement of the city.
In fact, Minneapolis, MN covers almost 60 square miles, and 6 percent of that area is covered in water. The city is on flat land and lies on top of an artesian aquifer which contributes to the watery nature of ‘the Mini Apple.’
Tied to Water
In a city covered from north to south in water resources, drains are an essential part of everyday life. Drains are rarely thought of until storms dump too much water and the system can’t handle the deluge, or when the drains in your home or office begin to get slow at removing water or a full-blown blockage stops routine household activities.
A toilet that will not flush is not just an annoyance, it is a health hazard and it is unpleasant. But it does not have to be a toilet that will not flush to be a health concern. Clogged sinks make it difficult to wash your hands and clean your dishes. Dirty dishes and stagnant water draw bugs like mosquitoes that carry terrible diseases like malaria, Zika, and yellow fever.
A Drain Cleaning Service That Cares
The plumbing team at Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains are hired after fulfilling a set of rigorous training and certification courses. Plumbers need a high school diploma to be accepted to an accredited plumbing trade school where they learn their craft.
After they learn the basics of venting, valves, fittings, plumbing maintenance they advance to an apprenticeship which is often associated with an associate degree. Our apprentices are the best and brightest the plumbing industry has to offer, and they are evaluated by the local licensing boards and unions.
Our plumbers commit to periodically and regularly retraining to refresh and renew their skills as plumbing professionals. Plumbing technology is changing rapidly in the digital age and our plumbers are required to stay abreast of these developments throughout their entire careers.
Specialization courses help prepare our technicians for specialty tasks like a drain cleaning service or a slab leak repair. Our team is familiar with the city’s water supply and drainage systems and know-how to navigate the city’s plumbing network.
.The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that plumbing apprentices spend nearly 2000 hours every year for four years before being certified as a plumber. Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains apprentices meet these statistics because we want the best from our team. After all, we want the best for Minneapolis, MN.
The Paul Bunyan myth describes a lumberjack who embodied the values of honesty, integrity, and hard work ethics of the region. Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains strive to emulate these values and share them with the city of Minneapolis.
We have been performing exceptional drain cleaning service since the moment we opened our doors. It is important clients experience that ‘up north’ clean feeling whether they are in their home, place of business, or the lush natural areas that Hennepin County is blessed with. We provide the most efficient drain cleaning service in the nation.
The Paul Bunyan team is not simply highly skilled plumbers, but responsible and respectful community members who believe in honesty and kindness. Potential employees must agree to a full background check which examines their work, personal, and financial history. Once they have cleared these requirements, team members are subject to random drug and alcohol screens.
Warning Signs That You Need a Drain Cleaning Service
- Stinky Waste Tanks and Other Unappealing Smells: Nasty smells lurking around anything connected to your plumbing is problematic whether it be the dishwasher, bathroom sink, or waste tanks. These smells are a pretty clear indicator that the home or office desperately needs a drain cleaning service. These smells may be a product of mold, debris, or clogged sewage. Also, electronically controlled wastewater tanks will activate overflow warnings and it is wise to routinely check the maintenance panel for red flags.
- Puddles of Water Collecting in Various Locations: Unless it has been one of the 112 days of annual rainfall in Minneapolis and there is no obvious cause of water collecting around your home or office it may be due to a blocked pipe, clogged drain, or if the wastewater tank has overfilled and cannot cope with the amount of water. A drain cleaning service can help identify if the issue is superficially located (somewhere easily accessible to plumbers) or if the job will require substantial logistics. Many wastewater tanks are located underneath older homes which makes it difficult for technicians to reach the faulty pipe.
- Sink and Toilet Overflow: There are few household repair situations that cause as much anxiety as an overflowing sink or toilet. The panic accompanied by foul and dirty water flowing onto your flooring and furniture can easily cause severe damage racking up the amount of the repair. Toilet and sink overflow are typically due to clogged pipes or a fault in the plumbing network which all demand a professional drain cleaning service. A gentle warning about using store-bought drain-cleansers that are corrosive and damaging to your pipes. Scheduling a drain cleaning service is considerably more affordable than replacing a large percentage of household piping.
- Burdened Storm Drains: unfortunately, both commercial and residential drains that are attached to the city sewer line can wreak havoc after intense rainfall. As many Minneapolitans know, storms can cause plumbing problems. The storm activity dislodges yard debris, mud, tree limbs, and pests all of which can theoretically empty into the sewer line. If any of these obstacles block the sewer drain the flow of wastewater away from the house can come to a grinding halt. Paul Bunyan is happy to respond during an emergency like an overflowing drain after a heavy storm. You can rely on our expert team to perform a drain cleaning service that efficiently repairs the problem.
- Low Water Pressure: Low water pressure can occur for a multitude of reasons. If the demand for your pipes and water heater is not capable of meeting your home’s needs, then low water pressure can become a chronic problem. Low water pressure is another serious warning that you need drain cleaning service because the weak water pressure is clearly being diverted by a burst pipe or a leak somewhere throughout the plumbing network.
The Dangers of Do-It-Yourself Plumbing
Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains technicians train for more than half of a decade to learn their trade and hone their skills. Most plumbing in Minneapolis is connected to the city’s aquifer and sewage systems and if you mistakenly damage city property in an attempt to cheaply fix your plumbing issue you will be paying a lot more than you would for a professional drain cleaning service.
Sadly, it is not just your bank balance that can suffer due to botched do-it-yourself plumbing repairs. Plumbing tasks can be dangerous, dirty work which requires plumbers to brave sewage tunnels, the crawl spaces underneath homes, and other threats that routinely pop up during repairs and a drain cleaning service.
We respect the ‘can do’ spirit of a person who wants to take care of their home, but plumbers train for years and revisit their skills on a regular basis. The Paul Bunyan team is experienced at identifying these risks, minimizing them, and strategically planning out the most efficient way to complete a plumbing repair or drain cleaning service.
Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains Services
- Backflow testing
- Boiler installation
- Plumbing repair
- Video pipe repair
- Pipe replacement
- Water filtration systems installation
- Hydro jet service
- Garbage disposal repair
- Garbage disposal replacement
- Toilet repair
- Sewer repair
- Water softener installation
- Drain cleaning service
- Faucet repair
- Leak repair
- Kitchen sink repair
- I & I repair
- Frozen pipe repair
- Water heater repair
- Water heater installation
- Emergency plumbing services
“I was really worried when both of my sinks stopped draining water a few weeks ago. The coronavirus pandemic has hit my family hard. We lost my father in May due to complications from the disease. My mother did not want a stranger coming into our home and neither did I. It is scary to consider that something as necessary as a drain cleaning service can cause so much turmoil.
My mom and I called around to a few different plumbers and they all weakly assured us that they were taking the appropriate precautions. We lived with those clogged sinks for nearly two weeks before we found Paul Bunyan. I had a video chat with my neighbor, and he mentioned that he’d had a burst pipe and I know he shared our concerns about the pandemic because he was a good friend to my father. Our neighbor reassured us that Paul Bunyan took the precautions and practiced strict social distancing while performing the repairs.
I knew from the moment that I spoke to the Paul Bunyan agent on the phone that they were different from the other plumbing companies. She assured me that they are considerate and diligent in their prevention measures and when the plumber arrived, he called first and asked us to describe the issue in detail and then asked that we distance ourselves from the work sites. He wore a mask the entire time he was in our home performing the drain cleaning service. He always kept away from us by several feet. He went as far as disinfecting the sinks and taking the garbage out with him. I am really touched how thoughtful they are at Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains. They have earned a loyal customer for life! Thanks again, gang!”
Sherry Lance, St. Paul, MN, June 2020
“I love my kids but since they have been home from college during quarantine the house has just fallen apart from overuse! At first, it was the water pressure. Any time (there are six of us, including my wife and myself) anyone tried to shower the water trickled out. The situation made it difficult for any of us to get the shampoo out of our hair!
A few days later, the dishwasher stopped emptying completely and by the time the weekend rolled around the bathroom sinks weren’t draining at all. I knew we had to do something but asking a plumber to enter a house with six potential Petri dishes made me anxious. I’d hired a plumber from Paul Bunyan the year before to install new bathroom fixtures and he did a fantastic job- so I called them and explained my issue.
They were happy to schedule the drain cleaning service and pipe repair while we took a drive out to a forest for a hike and some much-needed fresh air. The plumber called us when he was finished and explained he’d disinfected any area he had touched and worn his mask throughout the repair.
There aren’t many businesses these days that prioritize people over profits and in a crisis like this pandemic that makes a big difference more so than affordability, convenience, or expertise-all of which the Paul Bunyan plumber had! If you’re having trouble with your plumbing call Paul Bunyan, you will be glad that you did!”
Jeff Bridget, Twin Cities, MN, August 2020